May 8, 2020: Anita Larkin Ford has passed along this information from the WTHI-TV 10 website. Tilly Marlatt is reporting that repairs on the Irishman Covered Bridge are progressing well.
Work under the bridge has been completed and the floor is back in place. Work on the rest of the bridge continues.
The Irishman Covered Bridge (WGN 14-84-01) was built in either 1845 or 1867. It was moved from its crossing over the Honey Creek to the current location in Fowler Park in 1971. The bridge was built with a modified Queen truss.
Click here for the full story with a video: Vigo County Parks Department Makes Progress on Projects.