The Lincoln Bridge uses what is thought to be a rare example of the Pratt truss constructed in wood. The bridge deck is suspended from a laminated wooden arch by crossed steel rods.
The Covered Spans of Yesteryear website provides the following background information: "Town records indicate that the bridge was built in 1865. Richard Sanders Allen's research has an 1877 date. The truss is similar in design to the one patented by Thomas and Caleb Pratt in 1844. It is the only covered bridge using that particular truss design. The bridge was renovated in 1947 and 1989".
|Location:||Fletcher Hill Road|
|Builder:||R. W. & B. H. Pinney|
|Truss Type:||Pratt arch|
|Truss Length:||136 feet|
|National Register of Historical Places Listing Date:||August 28, 1973|
Credits: All pictures, information and descriptions are taken from Spanning Time Vermont's Covered Bridges by Joseph C. Nelson ©1997 and the World Guide to Covered Bridges - 2009 unless otherwise specified.