Swimmers have long enjoyed plunging off the roof of the Paper Mill Bridge into the mill pond below. In the middle of the 1990's the roadway was blocked off to pedestrians pending reconstruction.
The original bridge was removed and a replica of the 1889 bridge was built in 2000 by Blow and Cote of Morrisville, Vermont. Due to the poor condition of the original bridge almost none of the original fabric was able to be reused.
Click here for a full description of the project from removal to reconstruction: The Paper Mill Covered Bridge Reconstruction in Photos.
Click here for a short history of the Mill Covered Bridge: A Short History of the Paper Mill Covered Bridge.
|Truss Type:||Town lattice|
|Truss Length:||126 feet|
|Builder:||Blow & Cote, Inc.|
|Other Names:||Bennington Falls|
Credits: All pictures, information and descriptions are taken from Spanning Time Vermont's Covered Bridges by Joseph C. Nelson ©1997 and the World Guide to Covered Bridges - 2009 unless otherwise specified.