Lauded as a "new style" bridge in 1878, the Miller's Run span was updated in 1995. The original trusses decorate a new bridge that features a wooden deck on steel beams and a pedestrian walkway.
The Covered Spans of Yesteryear website provides some additional details on the bridge: "After two fatal accidents near the bridge, the state proposed to remove it and redesign the nearby intersection. Townspeople argued for its preservation and ultimately, the bridge was taken apart and rebuilt with a steel structure for support in 1995. The new bridge includes a walkway that wasn't on the original. Some lumber from the original bridge was included in the new one."
Our thanks to the Town of Lyndon and the Village of Lyndonville for allowing the posting of the Vermont Covered Bridge Society Welcome patch. For more information about the Lyndon area visit their website at www.lyndonvt.org.
|Builder:||E. H. Stone (Superintendent) - Original Bridge|
|Truss Length:||56 feet|
Credits: All pictures, information and descriptions are taken from Spanning Time Vermont's Covered Bridges by Joseph C. Nelson ©1997 and the World Guide to Covered Bridges - 2009 unless otherwise specified.