June 4, 2020: Anita Larkin-Ford has forwarded an article about more damage to the Jackson Covered Bridge.
The bridge, located in Parke County, was damaged by a box truck. Over a dozen wooden braces were damaged. The bridge remains closed at this time.
The World Guide to Covered Bridges provides the following details. The bridge was originally built in 1861. The single span, 207 foot long double Burr arch bridge crosses the Sugar Creek. The bridge is also known as the Rockport Wright's Mill.
For the complete article from the The Tribune-Star of Terre Haute, Indiana, go to: Jackson Covered Bridge closed due to damage
For the more coverage from the Journal Review of Crawfordsville, Indiana, go to: Jackson Bridge in Parke Co. damaged
Editor's note: Thanks to Anita Larkin-Ford for providing this article.