More information about Covered Bridges - Links to other Covered Bridge websites
Covered Bridge Societies:
Other Covered Bridge Websites:
International Covered Bridge Websites:
Historical Society Websites:
Covered Bridge Engineering Firms Websites:
Technical / Preservation Information for Covered Bridges Websites:
- Theodore Burr Covered Bridge Resource Center: www.oxfordny.com/community/library/burr-bridge-resource-center.php
- The Covered bridge Preservation National Best Practices Conference was held at the University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, June 5-7, 2003. The Best Practices, Care and Repair of Covered Bridges National Conference for highway
engineers, covered bridge maintenance personnel, fundraisers for the preservation of covered bridges, covered bridge preservation organizations, historic preservationists, general contractors, structural engineers, covered bridge historians, and
community members. Althought the website is no longer available, here is a listing of the topics covered and the names of the presenters: 2003 NBPC Conference Agenda
- A slideshow entitled "Covered Bridges: Lessons Learned" was presented by Sean James of Hoyle, Tanner & Associates at the Covered Bridge Preservation National Best Practices Conference.
- Burlington Charter for the Preservation of Historic Covered Bridges Approved June 6, 2003 First National Best Practices Conference for Covered Bridges, Burlington, Vermont: Burlington Charter for the Preservation of Historic Covered Bridges
- To learn more about all kinds of bridges and preservation: The Historic Bridge Foundation, based in Austin, Texas offers support to all persons interested in bridge preservation.
Click on www.historicbridgefoundation.com
- For News about Bridge Construction around the world go to: Bridge Construction & Engineering Home
Technical Publications for Covered Bridges:
Historic Covered Bridge Websites:
- Covered Bridges of Yesteryear Website. Information about covered bridges of the past: http://www.lostbridges.org
- The Dale Travis Guide to Covered Bridges. An equvilent to the World Guide to Covered Bridges. Organized by state and updated monthly.
- VT Covered Bridges Past and Present - Google My Maps by Steve Bergeron.
This is an unofficial companion to the Covered Spans of Yesteryear website.
Visual Arts Covered Bridge Websites:
Covered Bridge Model Building:
Additional Vermont Related Websites:
- For the most complete set of links to everything about Vermont, check out: Whatever Links by Tina
- Check out The 251 Club of Vermont at: www.vt251.com. Since 1954, an organization of Vermont enthusiasts whose objective is to visit the state's 251 towns and cities.
- Be sure to check out Vermont Magazine "The magazine is published five times per year, and showcases both the traditional and the contemporary Vermont - focusing on
farms, general stores, towns, people, history, homes and gardens and workplaces."