vcbs header image

Williamsville Covered Bridge - Original

Newfane, VT
WGN Number: 45-13-05x

Williamsville Covered Bridge
Williamsville Covered Bridge - Original
Photo by Joe Nelson © 1997

The Williamsville Bridge is the last of the seven covered bridges that once graced Newfane's countryside. Historian Victor Morse wrote that the portals were painted white as a night-time aid to automobile lights.

For a through discussion of the Williamsville Bridge, browse this article by Robert McCullough of the UVM Department of History: About the Williamsville Covered Bridge

Our thanks to the Town of Newfane for allowing the posting of the Vermont Covered Bridge Society Welcome patch. For more information about the Newfane area visit their website at

					Replacement Bridge thumbnail

Williamsville Covered Bridge - Original Vital Statistics

Town: Newfane
Location: Dover Road
Crossing: Rock River
Date: c. 1870
Builder: Unknown
Truss Type: Town lattice
Truss Length: 118 feet
Date Replaced: 2010

Credits: All pictures, information and descriptions are taken from Spanning Time Vermont's Covered Bridges by Joseph C. Nelson ©1997 and the World Guide to Covered Bridges - 2009 unless otherwise specified.

HTML5 logo